Saturday, 11 October 2014

Have you missed me?

Wow, it seems like forever since I have written on my blog!! 
Things have been crazy overwhelmingly busy in my world but I am happy to say that I have survived my first crazy week back at school. You see, when schools in BC finally opened up I got to spend three days moving into a new school/classroom and one day with kids and then...I had surgery!! Sooo that ment spending two weeks at home recovering before I was able to return to school and meet my students.

Monday finally arrived and I returned to school!
There's nothing like starting a new school year with an assembly first thing in the am (I didn't even know my students names yet!!), followed by a surprise fire drill in the afternoon. I felt like I was treading water all day, well actually that is how I felt all week.

However, I am very happy to say that I survived the week with a minimal amount of tears (thank goodness they weren't in front of my students) and still had a smile on my face Friday afternoon!!

I am excited about this school year!
I have 20 Grade 2 students and have the help of a wonderful EA.
I am loving my classroom setup this year and I can't wait to share some picture with you in the near future. But for now, here is one sneak peek of my partially set up classroom.
I LOVE the PURPLE!!

 Thank goodness of a long weekend break, as I will be spending most of my day tomorrow sorting through the piles of paper on my desk (from my two weeks away) and also planning for the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned for more classroom pictures and activities from the week.

Lauren


2 comments :

  1. Glad you are back in the classroom and posting. I love your classroom so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela!! I am glad to be posting again...but it is sure hard to find the time. I can't wait to share more classroom pics soon.

    ReplyDelete