I just finished up my Weekly Newsletter and thought I would share it with you. This is the first year that I have committed myself to doing a weekly newsletter and so far I am very happy with my choice. I like having the extra communication with my student's families and I hope that it will encourage parent support in the classroom and at home.
Here is a peek at what my newsletter looks like.
![]() |
| November 2nd newsletter, including my hubby's clipart! |
Each week I update what we are focusing on in our classroom and our
weekly spelling focus. My favourite part of the newsletter is the "Dear
Families" component. In this section I have the opportunity to share
important information with parents that otherwise may not be
communicated. This week I shared about our home reading program, and how we are ordering more books...yay!!
How do you choose to communicate with your student's families?
Do you write a weekly newsletter?
If so, what do you include in it?
I look forward to reading your comments and ideas!
Lauren

I'm so happy you're doing a weekly letter! I love doing mine. It keeps me organized, and parents really appreciate it too.
ReplyDelete